YouScript 8.0 brings user-sourced improvements to award-winning personalized prescribing software
By Sarah Trowbridge
Users asked, and YouScript Personalized Prescribing Software delivered.
The end of July saw the launch of YouScript 8.0, which brings new features and improvements to software functionality, usability and content based on feedback from the healthcare providers who have made the software part of patient care.
The update coincides with a complete redesign of the YouScript Personalized Prescribing Reports, which help clinicians select the safest and most effective medication regimens for their patients.
"Healthcare providers are busier than ever, and this upgrade makes the award-winning YouScript software even more actionable,” Genelex Chief Operating Officer Kristine Ashcraft said. “At a glance, physicians can see not only what drugs are likely causing adverse effects or treatment failure, but also what to do about it.”
New Software Features
The YouScript 8.0 update includes the addition of an Adverse Effects tab to the main drug interaction screen, where a drug's most common and/or clinically appreciable adverse effects are reported. When the YouScript software predicts drug levels could increase, the risk of the patient developing side effects is also expected to increase. This new tab will help physicians and patients quickly identify specific side effects to look for.
Other notable updates include:
- Reference Citations: The Interaction Notes have been reformatted to display citations as superscript numbers that also serve as hyperlinks, thereby reducing text clutter while increasing the ease of opening references.
- Date of Birth in Patient Search Results: When searching for a patient, the results now display date of birth in addition to the name. This helps to find the desired individual when different patients have the same name.
More detail about these and many other features can be found here. All improvements are based on input from YouScript users.
“At Genelex, we pride ourselves on taking customer feedback to heart, and this is a huge step forward in making YouScript the leading tool for making precision medicine a clinical reality," Ashcraft said.
Redesigned Personalized Prescribing Reports
In addition, Clinical Impact icons in the software, along with their category names, now align with our redesigned Personalized Prescribing Report. These reports provide a comprehensive snapshot of a patient's ability to metabolize medications based on his or her unique genetic profile.
Now, the reports present the Effects and Management section for each medication in bullet-point form, with each bullet addressing/falling into one of these five categories:
- Contraindication Statements, which will appear if a specific drug interaction is contraindicated in the product insert due to the potential for a severe or life threatening reaction
- Pharmacokinetic Changes, which explains any anticipated changes in drug levels for the affected drug, taking into account all interacting factors
- Expected Effects, such as decreased effectiveness or increased adverse events
- Management Recommendations, such as dose changes and limitations
- Alternate Medication Suggestions, which provides suggestions on potentially safer or more effective medications
This new, easy-to-reference layout will allow prescribers to make fast, actionable decisions.
Our new reports also sort interacting drugs into three categories based on the type of interaction expected from a given medication:
- Cumulative Drug-Drug and Drug-Gene, which highlights interactions that can only be detected with the patented YouScript software
- Binary Drug-Gene, which lists any remaining interactions that can only be identified in the context of genetic information
- Binary Drug-Drug, which includes interactions that may also be flagged by other drug interaction programs. These are included so providers have all interactions identified in one place.
A fourth Alternative Medications Being Considered section will also be included if a list of medications under consideration but not yet started is provided.
As before, each Personalized Prescribing Report also comes with a Pharmacogenetic Laboratory Test Report. This report lists genotypes and their corresponding phenotypes and provides a basic interpretation of those phenotypes.
For further information on the new reports, check out our report interpretation guide.
By providing clear, actionable guidance, YouScript helps clinicians address the complexities of drug and genetic interactions and reduce trial-and-error prescribing.
Ready to Take the Next Step?
Sign up for a free YouScript software trial
Already Using YouScript?
Order free testing supplies to make the most out of the software